Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stick To Your Roots

"To thine own self be true."

So this weeks blog assignment was to do something out of your comfort zone and blog about it...I would say I'm a pretty spontaneous person, and am always up to doing and trying new things, thus I was somewhat lost as to figuring out what exactly to do. And, then out of no where it sort of just happened for me...I finally held my own ground. What I mean is that I was put in situation (again, unfortunately) where I felt that because I'm easy going, and kind hearted, that I was being taken advantage of. So, being out of my comfort zone for me, was holding my own ground and not being passive with a situation. I'm not one for drama, and truly cannot stand it, therefore I avoid it at all costs, and this can sometimes lead me to just except something that I necessarily don't approve of, and/or doesn't appease  me. I'm very non-confrontational, and at times this can conclude me to be too passive aggressive. However, I finally had enough this week. It came down to me feeling frustrated and upset....but mostly frustrated. I do not understand why people think it's okay to use others. I don't understand the concept of someone only befriending another so that if they need something, they can get it from them, and keep them stringing along in a friendship where the person is only useful to them when convenient. This bothers me more than you know, and I believe it is because I've been put in situations where I've felt exactly that. But, this week I had enough and made a vow to myself that I would not just settle, that I would not keep subjecting myself to people and situations where I'm not happy. I believe that if you, too, are enduring something along the lines of what I had, then you need to reevaluate yourself, and always stay true to who you are, because in the end, life is too short to be miserable and unhappy. It is only your own self that can make the right decisions for you, and a good portion of your own happiness stems from within yourself.



My brother and I always say to each other "stick to your roots."
I'm doing exactly that; I'm staying true to myself and happiness.

1 comment: