Saturday, October 23, 2010

Narcissism.

"In order to love someone, you must first  be able to love yourself."

     Should one be characterized as narcissistic if they love them self? I believe this question is like a double edged sword; if one we're to say "Yes, I love myself," would another take that as the person being conceited? Or, if one we're to say "No, I don't," would that lead another to believe that that person has low self esteem? I was taught that one has to love them self in order to love another, but I was also taught to never be full of yourself. Nothing is uglier than one who believe the sunrises, and sets on them self. But, I ask you again, should one be characterized as narcissistic if they love them self? I don't believe that they should. If someone is genuinely kind-hearted, goes out of their way for other people, cares for others, and isn't selfish, then why shouldn't they love them self? A person who has a good character should be able to reflect upon them self with pride and love for who they are. However, that goes said to a certain degree. They shouldn't let that love inflate their ego. If one does not love them self, than they simply are not narcissistic? I think everyone should be able to reflect upon them self with love for who they are, because everyone is unique and special in their own ways. Therefore, I believe just because you love yourself, you should not be characterized as narcissistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment