Saturday, October 16, 2010

Petrone and a P.M.

"Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction."- John Crosby 

   Different ideas and thoughts float around when one enters college.  No one really can guess, nor expect, what their college experience will be like. Anxiety and worry can make its way to the surface, and the what is one to do? Hopefully, one should take the steps to confide in someone who is older and has experience in the realm of what they are enduring. Luckily, I was able to seek answers in my peer mentor, Kaitlyn. She is currently attending Southern Connecticut, and has sustained a successful freshman year. I find that she has been a great help to my INQ class. We've met with her before on a one-on-one level, and she has washed all my worries away. Kaitlyn has given advice to us when needed, and I find that because she is around our age, that it is easier to talk to her. One thing Kaitlyn recommends to myself, and class, is that we get involved here on campus. She is always keeping us updated with upcoming events and programs, and for this I am appreciative. Being a freshmen, life can get pretty crazy and stressful, however, being kept posted on these happenings, I find that I am managing my time so that I am an active student in the campus community. By Kaitlyn being apart of our INQ class, I find that she adds a more relatable aspect and quality to the class itself. She has taught me to always get involved, and no problem goes without a solution, and if we are weary, we could always go to her for help. A mentor is someone who possess attributes of knowledge, skill, and an overall good heart; they listen, and are there for one to confide in. Kaitlyn is all of this, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment