Saturday, October 2, 2010

College; col·lege (n.)

  There are no such things as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder” - Ronald Reagan 
    What is College? What is the most important aspect of College? So many people define college as different things, some say it's a milestone in most everyone's life where they figure out what, or who they want to be, while others just simply look upon college as more schooling. While the technical definition of college, defined by Merriam-Webster, is a self-governing constituent body of a university offering living quarters and sometimes instruction but not granting degree, I personally believe college is something greater than that. College, in my opinion, is a vital time in one's life where they discover who they truly are. One is out on their own learning, growing, achieving whatever it is they set out to achieve for themselves. I feel that college is a time for one to grow in a variety of ways; one can grow in their field of choice, for example, I'm growing in music, due to my desire in being a musician. One can grow in interacting with new people, grow in interacting with a new environment. This growth, I believe, is critical. College allows for one to discover so much about themselves. However, this is just my opinion and perspective on college. I am curious to find out what others have to say. What they believe the most important aspect of college is, and how they define it. The outlooks are endless....I want to discover what those outlooks are.

No comments:

Post a Comment