Thursday, October 7, 2010

Petrone Will Be Singing As If She'll Never Sing Again

"And scream, shred your lungs, I need to hear you louder now. And sing, as if you'll never sing again. And when the morning comes, and your throat is sore, you'll face the day like you did before, with a smile on in the end."- Ronnie Day


I would like to start my blog with a request to the reader: please take the time to listen to this song, thus you'll understand my perspective on music. Written At A Reststop- Ronnie Day


Singing. Where to begin? It's my passion. It's what I've wanted to do with my life since I was in 3rd grade. I use to tell my mother "One day, Mom, you'll see, I'll be on that television singing." And since then, it has not changed. I have a theory that if one were to believe in something so fully and truly, that it is bound to happen, therefore, I must keep telling myself, and believing that I will be singing for the world some day. When I'm on stage, everything is natural; I feel at home doing what I love. When I'm singing, I know I'm not only doing something that I know I'm meant to do, but also, something I know is right. Thus, I came to Southern Connecticut as a Music major. I am thinking about double majoring, or minoring in Communications, or Music Business. I am enrolled in a variety of music classes, and am learning more about music than I could have ever imagined. Music is such a huge part of my life. Though one might not know, nor believe, that at 19 I've been through hell and back, but I have, and music has aided me. It is my outlet, along with singing. Whenever I am feeling a certain way, I always turn to a song to listen and/or sing to as my release. Music has helped me overcome so many obstacles in my life, and my true dream is to create music that will help others in the way that music has done for me. Have you ever had to endure something in your life where you've felt at your lowest of lowest, and with just one particular song, whatever that might be, you've felt entirely better? I know I have. That's why I must make music; I need to be singing. I need to be giving back to music, and in a way, sing thank you to it, for all that it has done for me. One day I know I will be on stage singing. I long to create music, write lyrics, and have it be sung back to me from my audience. In high school, one of my teachers use to preach to me, as well as my classmates, to do something with our lives that we love doing. Life is too short to be doing something that not only you do not like, but also something that makes you miserable. I plan on singing in my life, and I will not stop. I will not allow anyone or anything to come between me and my dream. No matter where I end up on this journey we call College, I know that I will be singing each and every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment