Sunday, November 7, 2010

Petrone's Effort....& Yours.

How come students who do not put an effort into their school work feel as if they deserve good grades? I don't understand that concept. I was always taught that the effort you put into something will reflect in your work, especially when it came to your (my) academics. School is very important to me, and so are my grades. I don't want, nor plan on disappointing myself, parents, and family with my grades, thus why I work so hard, and put in 100% effort. I've always found that the students who feel as if they deserve a better grades than the one(s) they are receiving, are the students who rely and depend on other people, for example, the students who are always asking for other peoples' work, help, and overall effort. It is their effort, not yours, that's why you're getting some good grades and some poor ones. The people who you rely on, are the people getting you the good grades in the first place. When you finally decide to maybe do your own work, you put in little effort, get a poor grade, and think & believe you deserve a better one because of previous good grades (good grades gotten from others for you.) If you couldn't tell, this subject really gets under my skin, because it truly does bother me, and it's mostly because I see and witness it on daily basis. I've subjected myself enough to those kinds of people, and I'm over it. Do your own work, get your own grades, because this girl puts in enough effort for herself. I don't mean to come off harsh, and this doesn't mean I won't help, I simply mean I am not going to do anyone else's work any longer. Students who get good grades, put in the effort. And for the students who do not, well, it will show in your grades, so don't be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment