Saturday, November 27, 2010

Petrone Full!

"Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first".  
-Ernestine Ulmer

So here I sit on a Saturday night, just got back from my boyfriends' house, and I am full to the brim. I don't think I have consumed this much food in months. Since I've gotten to school, my eating habits have changed drastically; I have become much more aware of what I put in my mouth (in fear of gaining freshmen 15) and have found that I eat a lot less. I believe this in turn has made me become fuller faster, and thus has led me to overstuffed. I feel like since Thanksgiving, I have just been nonstop eating...eating turkey and stuffing and Thanksgiving leftovers, along with goodbye dinners, and homemade breakfasts. How I'm going to miss all this food...but I know I will most definitely miss dessert. God how I love sweets! I adore pie and italian cookies fresh from the bakery, coupled with a nice cup of hot brewed coffee. Life doesn't get much better than that. I think that Thanksgiving and Christmas always produce the best desserts. Pies beyond pies beyond pies during Thanksgiving and thousands of cookies in every shape taste way and form during Christmas. I'm maxed-out on dessert. And, as if those aren't enough, my boyfriend and I thought it'd be a wonderful idea to get Coldstone ice cream, too, in between all these sweets. Most kids will arrive back at school with leftovers that are of the likes of turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and what have you, but no me. Me, I'll be arriving back at school with dessert! I'll be having pies and cookies while the others munch on tryptophan. Even though I now eat a lot less than what  I once did prior to coming to school, I know that I'll have my desserts last me, because I'm not plowing it all into my mouth at once. I can't wait to come back home and have Christmas sweets, but for now my pies will do...."Let them eat cake!"

1 comment: