Saturday, November 13, 2010

Petrone Stimluated

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley


We all have at least one class that we enjoy, that we feel we perform our best in, and that we stimulated in. For me, this class is musicianship. Southern Connecticut describes musicianship as a course where one is "Training in the recognition, singing/playing, and notation of intervals, rhythms, melodic phrases, and triads. Aural recognition of diatonic chord progressions and melodies." I am able to do most of my singing in this class, and because my singing is like my second nature, the class comes very easy to me. However, in the class I am assigned certain melodies to sing. The melodies are made of variations of Solfege. For those who do not know what Solfege is, it is the pattern of Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do....Solfege! Each name (Do, Re, Mi, etc) represents a certain pitch/sound for a designated note in whatever established key. Musicianship stimulates me, because it requires me to actively engage myself in the music. Thus, leading me to sing new ranges, keys, and intervals that I either have not sung, or not sung easily. Musicianship also stimulates me, because singing is my passion; being able to go to a class where I am not only predominately singing, but receiving credit, too, is awesome. Imagine being able to go to a class where you are able to be doing something you love. Musicianship is my stimulate, it allows me to sing freely....to make music and forget everything, and not feel anything but the music itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment