Sunday, November 14, 2010

Petrone & The Roommate From Hell

Okay, so as many of you know, I hated one of my roommates. That was the most difficult situation I had to deal with this semester. Her blatant rudeness was repulsive and floored me. I still cannot grasp how someone can think it's alright to just take another's stuff without any hesitation or permission. She would take, more so steal, my possessions. She also had gone on to vandalize my personal belongings, and went out of her way to not only treat me with utter disrespect, but as well as my other roommate, and guests we had in the room (which was rare, because she never left the room itself.) But, by far, the most horrid thing she did was use my deodorant. Let's say it together now people, "EW!" Again, repulsive. When I discovered this, I was absolutely revolted and nauseate. I had had multiple meetings with not only my Community Coordinators (CCs or RAs), but as well as my Hall Director. All individuals did nothing to help me. Why? Because, they had developed a friendship with my roommate over the summer when she took classes, and therefore had loyalty to her, and did nothing whats so ever to aid me in my situation. It's safe to say they did not know how to separate their personal relationships from work, and their job. I finally had enough, and eventually got in contact with Angela Todaro, who for those of you who are not aware, is the Director of Residence Life. The day I talked her, she, too, was without question not only repelled, but disgusted, and wondered why I had not been helped yet with my situation. It was Ms. Todaro who got another roommate for me, and all together put my other roommate in an entirely different hall (which I believe was because of the relationships she had had with the CCs and Hall Director in my hall.) How did I handle the most difficult situation of my semester? Communication; if I never made an effort to talk with any of the people I did, I probably would still be stuck with a God awful roommate. 





F.Y.I. my old roommate's new roommates are having the exact same troubles as I was having. I do not understand how one person can get away with all this? There needs to be repercussions for this girl, and some serious punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment