Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who I Am

       Who am I? Who are you? Every once in a while, I believe that we all need to take a step back and evaluate who we are as individuals. I am a sister, a nurturer, a dreamer, a singer, and an optimist. All of these matters of my life have contributed to who I am today, and for without which, I would not be the individual that I am.
      Growing up, my family has always surrounded me, mainly because we are Italian and love being in each other's business, and because we each support one another on daily bases. I am a sister. I have two older siblings, a brother & sister. My brother Charles, 24, has recently become a cop, and my sister Noelle, 22, has not only recently graduated from Southern Connecticut, but is also a nurse at St. Francis Hospital. Having siblings who've chosen to go into such noble professions makes me not only feel privileged, but honored. I mean of course I'm going to brag about how each day they willing help other people. They've helped influence me in various aspects of my life, but they've especially influenced me to be a nurturer, and always care for other people.
      I am a nurturer. Being older than most my friends has always made me act in more mature ways, and therefore has lead me to always be caring about them constantly. I do this because my friends & family have done so much for me, that everyday I wake up grateful. By taking care of them all, I feel as if in a small way I am not only saying thank you, but I am also giving back to them. I always want to be caring for people, especially with how Today's issues of the world unfold themselves upon us. This has lead me to dream; I dream that one day violence won't be the answer, and that tragedy won't be the only thing to bring people together.
      I am a dreamer. I have a theory that if someone believes in something so much, it is bound to happen in some sort of way; whether someone dreams of love, or if someone dreams of stardom, like I do, I believe by dreaming of it so strongly, it will come true. Thus, I dream of becoming a famous singer.
      I am a singer. Since the third grade, I have told my mother that I was to become a famous singer. Everyday, especially down the halls of Hickerson, you can hear me singing; it is rare that I'm not. Singing and music has always been my outlet source of relieving emotion, whether positive or negative. Music has inspired me so greatly, that by singing, I hope to bring inspiration to others. I also would love to bring forth to people hope, thus I am an optimist.
     For High School, my senior quote was "Even on the most darkest of nights can you see the most brightest of stars."-Optimus Prime. This quote means that no matter what, one must always have hope, and each day I carry hope with me. I look at the glass half full, rather than half empty. Hope can bring one a long way. For me, it has brought me out of rock bottom, and has turned me into an optimist.
     All of these things that have shaped me into who I am, and are crucial in my life. They've made me into the individual that I am. Ask yourself this: Who am I? Who are you?



    



TOM-37690.jpg
1155373333ntVXr0.jpg
dreamer.jpg image by doryandfillet
glass.half.full.jpg


2 comments:

  1. Are you going to do any singing here at SCSU? I think there is a university chorus you can join. I sing in the Greater New Haven Community Chorus, a fun group with mostly older (than you) people but some high school and college students too: http://www.gnhcc.org/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your blog. and im am sorry to hear about your roommate troubles. thats sucks!

    ReplyDelete