Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time After Time (Management)

"Time management is a set of principles, practices, skills, tools, and systems that work together to help you get more value out of your time with the aim of improving the quality of your life." - Defined from Time Thoughts .


As these college days go by, I cannot help but have to manage my time. I've mentally mapped out my schedule; Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays are my music classes. Tuesdays & Thursdays are my English and Inquiry classes. The work that  is necessary to be done for those classes, I do the day after, so that way I'm alternating which days I do the work for them. I also find that since my job allows me time to do my school work, I do much of it there. I'm very particular about going out on the week days. If I choose to go out, I make sure that I'm back in my dorm at a decent time, that way I'm not exhausted for class the next day. I also make sure that if I am going to go out, that all my work is done for the classes after, for example, homework, studying, etc. While one thinks time management in college mostly relates to school work, I refer time management to other aspects. I make sure that I'm always in touch with my family and friends back home in New York. They are very important, and vital people in my life, and I do not want to put them all on the back burner just because I'm at college. I make sure that when I do have a spare minute, I make the effort to call either a family member or friend. I also find that I manage my time with my boyfriend. Since he and I are doing a long distant relationship, communication is crucial, so he and I find time at the end of our day to talk to one another and keep our relationship stable. We also find ourselves mapping out dates for when we can plan to visit one another. Time management is something that can be taught and learned, but performing it, and carrying it our fully, is where the benefits of it come into play. I believe mapping schedules out is the key to true time management success.

No comments:

Post a Comment