Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Petrone & SoCo

    College. Here I am, a freshman at Southern Connecticut State University. I never thought I could make it here. I can remember the first day of high school, being absolutely terrified, and now I'm here! I'm here feeling nervous, excited, anxious, but ready. I know I'm ready to start working toward something that I know will benefit me not only in my future, but my future career, too.
     College has always been look upon as a time in most everyone's life that proceeds after high school, however it is truly so much more. It is a time in life, for me, to grow as a person, as a student, and as a musician, because singing is my passion, and i know that without attending college, and rejecting this time for valid growth, I would not be able to thrive in society. Academically, it means that achieving good grades is what I strive for. I believe in the power of writing down your goals, and my goal for college is to academically achieve a GPA of 3.5 or better.
      College provides not only a time of great growth, but as well as a time for branching out of your comfort zone, and meeting new people. It's a time to experience not only these various people, but their differing views, opinions, and perspectives, too. By meeting all these different people, I personally feel as if I can become a person that sees situations & matters from both sides of the podium. By doing so, too, I can ethnically become more aware of contradicting lifestyles, and thus acquire more knowledge of them.
      Though college can bring troublesome worries to some, for me, my only true concerns are not being able to meet my own expectations, and therefore letting myself down. I hope to experience this moment in my life here at Southern Connecticut richly, and positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment